The latest issue of Worthy is here and it is doing really well. The magazine will be available for purchase next week. Until then check out our amazing interviews for Breast Cancer Awareness month, Glam-A-THON, Amanda Valdes and Michael Yo!!!
Miley Cyrus reminded critics that there is more to her than skimpy ensembles and twerking on Jimmy Fallon’s late night show. Cyrus had the full hour with the late-night host, joining Fallon for an interview and performing “Wrecking Ball” at the end.
We definitely think that the version Cyrus performed with The Roots and Fallon was amazing. Let us know your thoughts!
1. Be confident. This is number one on the list for a reason. You want to make a great first impression, and you want the interviewer to feel assured in your ability to handle the job’s tasks. You went to school, you learned the material, you know you got this–just make sure that they know it too.
2. Do your homework. Learn about the company–their history, their values, and their structure.
3. Create an elevator speech. This is a thirty second spiel about yourself. Talk very briefly about your degrees, your past experience, what skills you’ve obtained from both of those, and why you want the job in question. It’s great to touch on where you are headed professionally and your long term career aspirations–this shows that you are motivated.
4. Turn your weakness into a strength. How did you learn from your weakness, and what are you doing to improve it?
5. Be humble when describing your strengths. Speak about how you discovered them, and don’t be overconfident.
6. Ask what benefits the company can offer you. As much as the company is trying to find the right employee among many candidates, you are aiming to find the right company. If a business can’t offer what it is that you require, know that there is a company out there that can.
7. Ask follow up questions. You’ll want to know what comes next, such as when you can expect to hear from the interviewer, and if there will be a second interview. This also shows the interviewer that you know how to take initiative and that you don’t leave things hanging.
We hope that these 7 lucky tips help you snag that job!