When we sat down for a quick chat with the super busy Shalita Grant, we were pleased to hear that her answers to our questions were just as bold as her character on the hit series NCIS New Orleans, which has returned for a second season. In Season two we watch Shalita’s character, Sonja Percy, adapt to working as the newest agent alongside Dwayne Pride (Scott Bakula) and his top notch NCIS team. Our exclusive interview allowed us to see a side of the talented actress that you seldom get to experience with actresses of her caliber. If you don’t know Shalita, you will want to know her by the end of this interview, which you will be able to read more of in our upcoming issue. For now read a few fun facts that she shared with us that most of her fans don’t know about her yet.
1. “I don’t live with a television,” the actress said.
That explains her super awesome Instagram videos showing her 5:30 a.m. workouts. They really make us feel like we are failing at life.
2. “I have started working on my music. The sound is being fine tuned. It is more like a true blues sound.”
3. ” I am the oldest of nine children.”
4. “I love partying. Give me a beat and let me twerk.”
5. “I have spent my whole life trying to feel worthy. I am worthy because my unworthiness is not enough to make me stop trying. It is not strong enough.”
When we asked her for her best pitch about why you should be watching NCIS New Orleans Tuesday nights at 9 central time, it was a simple formula for her.
“If you love action, the first seven episodes have some crazy insane stunts, you should be watching. There is amazing team work. It is quirky and you gotta love Scott Bakula. Watch the show,” Shalita said.
We told you that you would love her. Shalita will also have a reoccurring role on the upcoming public television mini-series, “Mercy Street.”